(Johannesburg, South Africa) Business users looking for an affordable full-size panel van powered by a big-hitting turbodiesel can call off the search: Hyundai’s H1 is now available with the company’s acclaimed 2,5-litre common rail engine under the bonnet, priced at just R264 900. Key features of this gifted newcomer to Hyundai’s commercial vehicle fleet are:
- Five-year/150 000 km manufacturer’s warranty with roadside assistance plan.
- Cost-busting 5-year/90 000 km service plan.
- Powerful yet refined powerplant with 120 kW/392 Nm outputs and a five-speed manual transmission.
- Rear-wheel-drive layout with a leaf-sprung axle.
- A total luggage volume of four cubic metres, accessible via a sliding door on both sides, as well as a vast rear double-door.
- A 2.4 metre load length and a 1 100 kilogram carrying capacity.
- Microscopic 11.2 metre turning circle.
- Optional air-conditioning (R10 000), and pre-wired for sound.
- High level of safety with dual airbags, ABS with EBD, and seatbelt with pre-tensioners all standard.
- Minimal driver workload thanks to features such as a height-adjustable seat, adjustable steering column, boldly-marked instruments, large glass area, electric windows and generously-proportioned mirrors.
With vans being an important growth segment on the local light commercial vehicle scene thanks to their car-like driving characteristics coupled to a high level of safety and security for the crew and the load being carried, the new H1 turbodiesel panel van is set for success.