New edition of the BMW M6 Convertible; generous dose of M feeling combined with alluring design aesthetics, a luxurious aura, seating for four and innovative equipment features; high-performance sports car with superior performance attributes and extremely exclusive character;
BMW M6 Convertible occupies a unique position in the premium segment of the executive class thanks to its blend of outstanding dynamics, hallmark M conceptual harmony and everyday usability; further development of this concept breaks new ground with significantly improved efficiency, optimised controls for individualising the car set-up and a wider variety of driver assistance systems and infotainment functions available from BMW ConnectedDrive.
- Visually imposing body design with dynamically elegant lines and hallmark M athleticism provides an accurate visual showcase for the car’s
high-performance properties; BMW M6 Convertible with high-quality soft-top boasting distinctive “fin” architecture.
- High-revving 4.4-litre V8 engine with M TwinPower Turbo technology, consisting of Twin Scroll Twin Turbo technology, cross-bank exhaust manifold, High Precision Direct Petrol Injection and VALVETRONIC fully variable valve control; hallmark M power delivery headlined by instantaneous responsiveness and a sustained wave of thrust; highest output in the segment; 412 kW at 6,000 – 7,000 rpm, maximum torque: 680 Newton metres from 1,500 rpm; maximum engine speed: 7,200 rpm; engine output 10 per cent higher than predecessor models, maximum torque 30 per cent higher.
- Acceleration: 0–100 km/h in 4.3 seconds; 0–200 km/h in 13.1 seconds; electronically governed top speed: 250 km/h or 305 km/h with M Driver’s Package (not available in South Africa as yet).
- Extraordinarily fine balance between performance and fuel consumption represents major improvement on previous models; average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle: 10.3 litres per 100 km; Auto Start-Stop function and further Efficient Dynamics technology as standard; fuel consumption of the respective predecessor models cut by more than 30 per cent.
- Seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission with Drivelogic; automatic gear selection tuned to deliver optimum traction, Launch Control and
Low Speed Assistance; bespoke M gear selector; newly developed M leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles.
- Power sent to the rear wheels; Active M Differential ensures fully variable distribution of drive between the rear wheels. Result is optimised traction and directional stability during dynamic lane changes and when accelerating out of corners.
- High-performance characteristics with outstanding dynamics and precisely controllable handling, thanks to hallmark M harmony in the interplay of powertrain and chassis technology, aerodynamics and weight balance; weight-to-power ratio – BMW M6 Convertible: 3.5 kg/kW.
- M-specific chassis with bespoke front and rear axle kinematics;
- M-specific Dynamic Damper Control as standard; DSC stability control incl. M Dynamic Mode; M Servotronic steering; body strengthening using special panels; lightweight compound high-performance braking system; available as an option are newly developed, globally unique M carbon-ceramic brakes (only available in South Africa from March 2013) with optimum resistance to fade and wear, and lower weight. Engine responses, M Servotronic mapping, Drivelogic shift program, DSC mode, damper characteristics and information shown on the Head-Up Display can be programmed individually; two M Drive buttons on the steering wheel can be used to store and call up individually configured
car set-up options.
- Body design with classical BMW Convertible proportions, customary sporty yet elegant BMW 6 Series looks and typical M sporting edge; special M design features provide an accurate visual representation of the car’s technical profile and performance; three-section, strikingly modelled lower air intake with aerodynamically optimised flaps; new M kidney grille with black double slats; flared wheel arches; hallmark M gills with integrated direction indicator bars; aerodynamically optimised exterior mirrors and side skirts; BMW Individual High-gloss Shadow Line; exposed reflectors below the rear lights; aerodynamically optimised rear apron with diffuser between the right and left-hand pair of twin exhaust tailpipes; 19-inch (standard) or 20-inch (optional) forged M light-alloy wheels, each with a distinctive interpretation of the familiar M double-spoke design.
- Luxurious, elegantly sweeping interior design with special M controls and styling features; newly developed M double-spoke leather steering wheel; M gear selector and car set-up controls on the model-specific centre console; exclusive M sports seats with integrated belt system (optional: M multifunction seats); Merino leather upholstery with extended features; exclusive carbon-fibre interior trim strips; illuminated door sill finishers with model lettering; M-specific instrument cluster with black-panel technology; 2-zone automatic climate control with extended features, ambient lighting.
- Adaptive LED Headlights fitted as standard, extensive range of BMW ConnectedDrive features, some unmatched by any rival:
BMW Head-Up Display with M-specific information, High Beam Assistant, BMW Night Vision with pedestrian recognition, Lane Change Warning, Lane Departure Warning, rear-view camera, Surround View, Speed Limit Info, internet access, extended integration of smartphones and music players, Real-Time Traffic Information (not offered in South Africa) and apps for receiving web radio and using Facebook and Twitter.
- Almost all BMW 6 Series equipment options available, including Comfort Access, active seats, heated steering wheel, doors with Soft Close Automatic function, Navigation system Professional, Bang & Olufsen
High- End Surround Sound System.
Performance, fuel consumption and emissions data:
BMW M6 Convertible:
- Acceleration [0 – 100 km/h]: 4.3 seconds,
- acceleration [0 – 200 km/h]: 13.1 seconds,
- top speed: 250 km/h, 305 km/h (with M Driver’s Package),
- average fuel consumption: 10.3 litres/100 kilometres,
- CO2 emissions: 239 g/km, exhaust standard: EU5.