- New Euro 2 engine
- Increased payload
- Increased towing capacity
- Improved braking system including ABS
- Industry leading 2 year unlimited km warranty
- 1 year or 60 000 km service plan
(Johannesburg, South Africa) Hyundai SA has introduced its new range of Euro 2 medium commercial vehicles into the South African market. The range comprises of the upgraded and improved HD65 and HD72 under the auspices of the new Mighty brand.
“We are confident South African truck buyers will recognise the outstanding mix of performance, reliability and value that our Mighty HD trucks provide,” said Wade Griffin, Director of Hyundai SA’s Commercial Vehicle Division.
The introduction of the Euro 2 Mighty HDs builds on Hyundai SA’s strong and successful relationship with its Korean partner which has been forged as distributor for passenger cars, sport utility vehicles and light commercial vehicles for the past eleven years. Hyundai SA’s commercial vehicle line-up already includes the well-known Bakkie (H100), the Tipper and the H1 Panel Van.
The Mighty HD range will combine a high chassis cab and long wheelbase with locally manufactured bodies that best suit local customer requirements. Fitted with Hyundai’s highly efficient D4DB diesel engine, with 95kW @ 2900rpm and 372 Nm @ 1800rpm, the Mighty HDs will also come with a heater package, tinted glass, electric tachometer and exhaust brake.
New additions to the specifications include ABS to enhance safety, and which resulted in an increase in towing capacity to 3 000 kg on both models which is of the highest towing capacities in the segment. The Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) of both the HD65 and HD72 has also been improved allowing for an increase in the legal payload of these vehicles and making them ideal and versatile 3 and 4 ton vehicles.
For convenience, power windows have been added.
- The recommended retail price of the HD65 and HD72 chassis cabs is R288 900 and R315 900 inclusive of VAT, respectively.
- Included in this price is a comprehensive and industry leading 2 year unlimited km full manufacturer’s warranty and an industry first 1 year or 60 000km service plan.
“South Africa’s medium commercial vehicle market is forecasted to reach 8 000 units this year,” said Griffin. “Hyundai SA and Hyundai Motor Corporation officials are confident that with Hyundai’s reputation for value, Hyundai SA’s superior dealer network and the Mighty HD range`s abundant comfort and convenience features for the driver, these upgraded commercial vehicles will be successful in penetrating the local market.”
The Hyundai trucks will be distributed through a network of 26 specialised sales outlets in South Africa. Servicing will be done by network of 27 commercial vehicle accredited Hyundai service centres.
Outlying areas where there are only sales outlets will be able to make use of FlexiFleet’s facilities in the area. Hyundai SA has an existing agreement with FlexiFleet which came into effect during the 2010 FIFA World Cup. FlexiFleet was appointed to service and maintain the Hyundai Universe luxury coaches during the trounament. Customers of the Mighty HD range will be able to make use of the 18 workshops that FlexiFleet manage.
Please read further for more information…
About Hyundai Motor Company
- Established in 1967, Hyundai Motor Co. has grown into the Hyundai Motor Group which has ranked as the world’s fifth-largest automaker since 2007 and includes more than two dozen auto-related subsidiaries and affiliates. Hyundai Motor, which has six manufacturing bases outside of South Korea, sold approximately 3.6 million vehicles globally in 2010. Hyundai vehicles are sold in 186 countries through some 5,300 dealerships and showrooms.
About Hyundai Automotive South Africa
Hyundai Automotive South Africa, an entity of the Hyundai Motor Company, was selected as the Global distributor of the Year in 2005 and forms part of the Associated Motor Holdings group locally. Since inception, Hyundai SA has established a network of over 80 dealerships in Southern Africa, including Namibia, Swaziland and Botswana.
Hyundai has a wide range of products and have a particularly good name for maintaining high customer service standards. Hyundai is the fastest growing automotive brand in the world, and have developed a strong brand amongst the South African motoring public. Our mission is to grow our brand on a reputation built on integrity; recognisable style, reliability and superior build quality.
- New Hyundai Mighty Trucks: Right for the job
- Since the Hyundai Bakkie entered the competitive LCV market in 1997 Hyundai has established itself firmly amongst small-businesses with a need for reliable, versatile transport. The diesel Bakkie took on far more established competitors and proved itself a viable option with a long list of standard benefits.
- Now, in addition to the standard Bakkie, and the Tipper, Hyundai has introduced the new upgraded Euro 2 Mighty trucks, aimed at business operators as well as bigger fleet owners in need of a versatile and reliable vehicle to facilitate their daily operations.
- The new Mighty HD65 and HD72 are powered by a 3.9-litre turbo diesel engine and offer all the reliability and hard working attributes associated with Hyundai commercial vehicles. Its versatile nature and low maintenance make it a useful tool for enhancing the productivity of all businesses in need of a reliable 3 and 4 ton truck.
- Enhanced Safety, Style and Performance:
- Equipped with a safety Cab the Mighty HD trucks offer excellent protection in the event of a collision. Visibility has been improved by enlarging both the windscreen, wiper sweep area and the specification of high-luminosity headlamps which sport a stylish look. Exterior dimensions of the Cab were maximised to provide a roomy interior.
- Overhead storage consoles and more generous adjustment ranges for the seat sliding mechanism and seatback reclining angle, contribute greatly to improved comfort and convenience.
- The D4DB 3.9-litre turbo charged inter-cooled engine is quiet, clean and efficient, resulting in great economy and durability. Hyundai engineers developed proprietary technologies and applied strict quality control standards from the initial design stage to final production, thus assuring world-class quality and performance.
- Comfortable and Cosy Interior Space:
Driver fatigue is an unavoidable fact of truck driving. Long-distance hauls and heavy stop-and-go city traffic will put any driver’s endurance to the test. But with the new Mighty HD series, Hyundai has taken a major step forward in creating a driving environment offering a new level of comfort.
By consulting professional drivers and listening carefully to their needs, Hyundai has come up with a highly comfortable interior package that takes the stress and strain out of daily driving. Making the biggest difference are features such as increased headroom and legroom, a bucket-type driver’s seat that evenly distributes pressure across the back and bottom and a curved cockpit-styled instrument panel.
The curved cockpit-style instrument panel provides quick and easy access to key controls and switches. Increased dimensions extend to the new, larger windscreen which helps promote comfort, confidence and safety.
- CAB & CHASSIS
- The foundation of Strength:
- Impressively low NVH performance figures were attained through a combination of factors including the application of the very latest NVH testing equipment and the use of an electronic cab analysis system.
- Significantly large reductions in NVH levels were obtained by removing the roof water drip rails as well as by specifying a molded door panel instead of the revious welded one. To reduce wind noise, the corner vane has been removed and the oor opening gap has been reduced to 4.3mm. In addition, triple door seals were applied and more sound deadening material has been installed.
Power and Reliability:
- Power and reliability define the true value of a truck and that is what makes Hyundai trucks so appealing. For the most economical performance, the D4DB turbocharged engine produces a maximum output of 95 kW @ 2900 rpm and displaces 372 Nm @1800 rpm. And with impressively low NVH figures, it delivers remarkably quiet and civilised performance.
- The D4DB turbocharged inter-cooled engine has a built in turbo protector. The result of the inter-cooled engine is a flat torque curve allowing for a better torque range, giving the HDs better durability under load, improved economy and superior performance.
- Hyundai Keeps You Up and Running:
- Regular preventive maintenance reduces service and repair costs by as much as 25 percent. For easier, speedier maintenance and repair, the truck cab tilts to convenient 50-degrees. Finally, all Hyundai trucks are backed up by Hyundai’s commitment to first-class customer care and a first class parts distribution network. Hyundai truck owners can be sure that Hyundai is always there for them. The Truck has a 1 year 60 000km service plan and a standard 2 year unlimited mileage manufacturer’s warranty. Service intervals on the Mighty HD is every 10 000 km.